With Trple H taking control of WWE creative following the retirement of Vince McMahon late last month, various WWE stars who were released from the company recently have made their return to the company, including Karrion Kross and Dexter Lumis.
Johnny Gargano also recently made his return to the company after 8 months away, with his contract expiring back in December of 2021. However, it seems as though another major name may be on his way back to WWE.
Fightful Select (subscription required) is reporting that, among the names pitched or discussed for a return to the company, includes that of former WWE Universal Champion Braun Strowman.
Strowman was released by WWE on June 2, 2021 along with five other stars, just over a year after he had re-signed a seven figure deal with the company back in 2019., which pales in comparison to some of the newer contracts handed out by the company over the last year. Strowman had got down to the last few months of his deal, with sources in the company claiming that he ‘played hardball’ during negotiations.
Since his WWE release, Strowman has only wrestled eight matches. Fightful has not learned if or how far negotiations have been, or if their were any specific pitches involving him.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Alexa Bliss Undergoes Skin Cancer Treatment
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39