Former SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey has provided an update on her status ahead of WrestleMania 39.
It was recently reported that Rousey has been dealing with an arm injury that isn’t expected to keep her off the WrestleMania card.
Rousey has now taken to Instagram to reveal that she is also dealing with ACL and knee issues.
Stating that the doctors aren’t letting her compete, Rousey said:
How do you train with no ACL or cartilage in your right knee as well as a fractured radius?
Focus on what you CAN do – I have some of the most versatile training routines on earth, I need to do PT, build strength, retain flexibility, and train technique across multiple disciplines – sometimes all in a single session.
After over two and a half decades of combat sports training – the smallest misstep could result in surgery.
Thankfully @mizunousa just sent me their new TS-01 trainers specifically designed for stability (while still ultra light so not to aggravate what remains of my knees 🙌🏼 woohoo!) check link in bio to get yours 😉
Story time! 2 weeks after my ACL reconstruction (at 16 years old) My mom had me on the floor doing pushups to teach me a lesson: you can sit around and feel sorry for yourself, or get off your mopey ass and train with a vengeance.
It’s thanks to that ACL injury I spent an entire year focusing solely on newaza (ground techniques in judo) and became the best in the world in armbars and transitions (anyone who doubts me is welcome to try me 😈)
Well, after thousands of dislocations (I thought not tapping out to armbars and tearing ligaments was cool in my teens) my elbow finally fractured simply by slapping the mat in Rockford, Illinois- right before Wrestlemania.
The only thing saving these chicks now are the doctors not letting me compete. Well ladies, they can’t keep me away forever, I’m not moping, vengeance is coming.
Rousey last wrestled at a February 26 WWE house show, with her most recent TV match seeing her team with Shayna Baszler to defeat Natalya & Shotzi on the February 17 edition of SmackDown.
View this post on Instagram
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned