Last week it was reported that WWE would not be giving their employees promotions, raises or bonuses. This had employees very upset backstage given that the company has seen tremendous growth in revenue recently.
Now, a new report from Brandon Thurston of WrestleNomics states that some employees have been given a stock award. The stock award is valued at $3,000 while the stock units vest next month. It was also added that not all employees received the award. Here is the report from his Twitter:
“WWE employees have been given a stock award valued at $3,000, according multiple sources in the company. Not every employee received the award but a large number. The stock units vest next month.
Employees learned on Friday that salary raises and promotions were put on hold.”
“WWE media relations did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Many employees were upset about the freeze on raises and promotions, as noted in my story on Tuesday.”
We will provide updates on the backstage situation with WWE as soon as more details become available.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete