Last week it was reported that WWE would not be giving their employees promotions, raises or bonuses. This had employees very upset backstage given that the company has seen tremendous growth in revenue recently.
Now, a new report from Brandon Thurston of WrestleNomics states that some employees have been given a stock award. The stock award is valued at $3,000 while the stock units vest next month. It was also added that not all employees received the award. Here is the report from his Twitter:
“WWE employees have been given a stock award valued at $3,000, according multiple sources in the company. Not every employee received the award but a large number. The stock units vest next month.
Employees learned on Friday that salary raises and promotions were put on hold.”
“WWE media relations did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Many employees were upset about the freeze on raises and promotions, as noted in my story on Tuesday.”
We will provide updates on the backstage situation with WWE as soon as more details become available.
- Full Recap – Tony Khan Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call
- Report: WWE Using Robert Roode To ‘Teach’ Veer Mahaan
- Sasha Banks Spotted With Another New Look
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Lio Rush Explains The Difference Between NXT & WWE Raw Locker Room (Exclusive)
- Tony Khan Provides Update On ‘Forbidden Door II’
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Vince McMahon Situation In WWE Meeting
- Full Audio: Pre-Forbidden Door Media Call With Tony Khan
- Bayley Provides Update On Injury Status
- Kenny Omega Provides Update On Timetable For Return