In a recent interview, WWE CEO Nick Khan had suggested “a really, really conservative number” for cuts under “cost synergies”.
As previously reported, Khan had stated that they would always “always be protective of our creative team, our production team” as they were a fundamental reason why the WWE was able to sell to Endeavor at the price point it achieved.
Khan had also stated that “50 (million dollars a year) is a really, really conservative number” when it came to the potential cost-cutting measures.
Even with this assurance, this hasn’t meant that WWE talent are breathing a sigh of relief.
According to Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), despite the emphasis that production and creative would not likely be affected, there’s concern among talent, particularly among the roster members who were brought back by Paul Levesque when Vince McMahon initially retired.
As Meltzer notes, under Triple H, there’s been an influx of talent but no corresponding release to balance the numbers on the roster.
Meltzer does conclude, however, that “of late the new signees have mainly been Division I college athletes on the developmental side.”
Among the roster members who were brought back by Triple H have been Bray Wyatt, Dakota Kai, Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae, Bronson Reed, Tegan Nox, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson Karrion Kross and Scarlett.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan