Former WWE Champion Randy Orton has not appeared on WWE television since he and Riddle lost their Raw Tag Team Championship to the Usos in the Championship Unification match on the May 20 episode of SmackDown.
Orton was written off the show following an attack from the Bloodline, with the plan being for him to face Roman Reigns at SummerSlam for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship.
However, that may now be in jeopardy. Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Orton has been dealing with a back injury for quite some time, to the point that he had work done to improve his condition before the title unification match.
Fightful notes that things have gotten progressively worse, and WWE now fears that Orton will be forced to undergo a surgery. WWE sources claimed that, should that happen, Orton would likely be out of action the rest of 2022. Thus far the exact injury is unknown.
Orton’s tag team partner Riddle is scheduled to face Roman Reigns this week on SmackDown.
Wrestling has been riddled (pardon the pun) with injuries over the past few weeks. For a full list of injured WWE stars, click here.
- FTR Call Out Tony Khan To Book Them At NJPW Show
- UFC Hall Of Famer Daniel Cormier To Serve As Special Guest Referee At WWE Extreme Rules
- AEW Star Continues To Tease Departure On Social Media
- Big E Appears On FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff Show
- Sheamus Details Drunken, Irish Origins Of WWE Stipulation To Gunther
- Ricky Steamboat Announces In-Ring Return With FTR
- Update On Triple H Changing GUNTHER’s Ring Name
- WWE Files Trademark In Relation To NIL Program
- WWE Stars Gets Married (Photo)
- WWE Reveals Lineup For Last Raw Before Extreme Rules (October 3)