WWE have filed for a trademark relating to a former NXT talent, whose wrestling future was previously unclear.
Recently WWE filed to trademark the name ‘”Jessamyn Duke”. According to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the trademark will allow WWE to use this phrase for “Entertainment Services”, including across all WWE’s media channels.
Here is the full description:
“IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment”
Jessamyn Duke is the legal name of the former MMA athlete who is currently signed with WWE. Part of the Gold Brand, Duke was often involved in Shayna Baszler NXT segments in 2018 and 2019.
The MMA Horsewoman was an obvious omission from the inaugural women’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. It was reported that Duke was working as a digital content creator for WWE, preferring this role over wrestling during the pandemic.
Duke wrestled her last match last August as part of Raw Underground. It is unknown if and when she plans to return to the ring.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Who Produced Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens Reunion On SmackDown