Gunther has opened up about WWE splitting up Imperium, admitting that the change resulted in ‘a rough few days’.
Gunther officially joined the main roster on the April 8 edition of SmackDown, along with Ludwig Kaiser, fka Marcel Barthel. In line with previously reported plans, the duo left the third member of their trio, Fabian Aichner, in NXT.
Discussing the split, Gunther said:
“Obviously for (Aichner) and Ludwig it was a little bit of a rough few days because they worked so hard together for so many years and stuff like that, and now everybody has to go their own way a little bit.
“But you’ve got to look forward and stay positive about things. It’s a new challenge for Ludwig and me but also for Fabian, it’s going to be a new challenge for whatever he’s going to do going forward.”
Imperium was formed after Aichner and Kaiser (Barthel) aligned themselves with Gunther (WALTER) on the May 22, 2019 edition of NXT UK.
Axel Tischer (Alexander Wolfe) was later added to the group, but left WWE in June 2021 after WWE chose not to renew his contract.
Stay up to date with WWE TV win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Big News On John Cena WrestleMania 39 Schedule
- New Sami Zayn Shirt Revealed Following WWE Royal Rumble
- Top AEW Star Cleared To Return On February 1 Dynamite
- Brandi Rhodes Comments On Departure From AEW
- ‘Major Interest’ In Popular Free Agent, Fans Suspect AEW Or WWE
- Roman Reigns Reaction To Logan Paul Royal Rumble Performance
- WWE Match Mysteriously Pulled From Show With No Explanation
- Kofi Kingston Names Top AEW Stars As Dream Opponents