Former WWE star Heath Slater, currently known simply as Heath in IMPACT Wrestling, could become a free agent soon.
Slater was released by WWE in April 2020 due to pandemic-related budget cuts, though he would wrestle for the company in a one-off appearance in July 2020.
With his no-complete cause expiring on July 14, 2020, he would make his IMPACT Wrestling debut at Slammiversary on July 18 of that year.
According to Fightful Select, his current IMPACT Wrestling deal is due to expire shortly, with neither party having reached a new deal.
Unless a new deal is struck, it would mean that Heath would become a free agent in October of this year.
As Fightful Select notes, Heath had been offered a full-time deal with WWE but it was rejected by the star.
Heath would claim that the deal was half of what he had made under his previous arrangement with WWE.
Fightful Select also states that time was added to Heath’s IMPACT Wrestling deal due to an injury that he suffered during the early part of his run.
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release