WWE has provided an injury update on Riddle, following the Tag Team Title Unification bout on Friday’s (May 20) edition of SmackDown.
On the show, The Usos defeated RK-Bro to walk away with both the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team Championships.
During the bout, the ref threw up the ‘X’ symbol (usually signifying a legit injury), and it was noted that Riddle had hurt his hip. He ultimately finished the match, pinned after a splash, following interference from Roman Reigns.
The Bloodline continued to beat Riddle down after the bout, putting him through the ringside announcers table, before standing tall in the ring with all the gold.
Per WWE, Riddle and Orton are both undergoing a medical evaluation. WWE tweeted:
“As a result of a vicious attack by The Bloodline in the wake of SmackDown’s Tag Team Title Unification Match, Riddle has suffered a bruised hip and lower back and both he and Randy Orton are undergoing a medical evaluation.”
WWE currently has big plans for Riddle and Orton in the main event scene, which you can read more about right here.
There have been 25 title changes in WWE in 2022 so far. Check out a list of every championship to change hands this year at this link.
UPDATE: @SuperKingofBros and @RandyOrton are undergoing medical evaluation following #TheBloodline's vicious attack on #SmackDown. pic.twitter.com/1ZfUfms4Je
— WWE (@WWE) May 21, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending