WWE has provided an injury update on Riddle, following the Tag Team Title Unification bout on Friday’s (May 20) edition of SmackDown.
On the show, The Usos defeated RK-Bro to walk away with both the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team Championships.
During the bout, the ref threw up the ‘X’ symbol (usually signifying a legit injury), and it was noted that Riddle had hurt his hip. He ultimately finished the match, pinned after a splash, following interference from Roman Reigns.
The Bloodline continued to beat Riddle down after the bout, putting him through the ringside announcers table, before standing tall in the ring with all the gold.
Per WWE, Riddle and Orton are both undergoing a medical evaluation. WWE tweeted:
“As a result of a vicious attack by The Bloodline in the wake of SmackDown’s Tag Team Title Unification Match, Riddle has suffered a bruised hip and lower back and both he and Randy Orton are undergoing a medical evaluation.”
WWE currently has big plans for Riddle and Orton in the main event scene, which you can read more about right here.
There have been 25 title changes in WWE in 2022 so far. Check out a list of every championship to change hands this year at this link.
— WWE (@WWE) May 21, 2022
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Here’s How Long Tonight’s Forbidden Door Show Will Likely Be