WWE has reportedly made Johnny Gargano a “very strong” contract offer and wants him to remain with the company.
Gargano’s NXT contract comes up on December 3, and you’d have to imagine that because of his age (34), he’ll either be going to the main roster or leaving, rather than staying in NXT.
Gargano and Kyle O’Reilly – whose contract is up at the end of December – had a dark match at SmackDown a couple of weeks ago, which would seem to have been when Vince and his pals would take a look at them to decide if they want to make them new offers.
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is “pushing very hard” for Johnny Gargano to sign a new deal to stay there for “a long time”.
There was no word on whether an offer has been made to O’Reilly.
Gargano will be part of a three-way match for the NXT North American Championship on the November 23 episode of NXT 2.0, along with Pete Dunne, who recently re-signed, and current champion Carmelo Hayes, who higher-ups have been impressed with.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats