WWE SummerSlam takes place on Saturday, August 5, 2023, but one huge WWE title won’t feature at the Detroit premium live event.
With the show just over a week away, the current match card looks like this, with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Women’s Championship, Undisputed WWE Universal Championship, and WWE Intercontinental Championship all set to be defended.
One championship that won’t be defended will be the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship held by Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.
Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has confirmed that the “tag titles won’t be on the show with Kevin Owens getting time off due to his broken rib”.
Meltzer recently confirmed that Owens had been working through the injury for “a while”, but it was unclear until now if he’d miss any more time.
The team of Owens and Zayn won the WWE Tag Team Championship from the Usos in the main event of WrestleMania 39 Saturday in April.
Owens most recently wrestled on the July 17 edition of Raw, when he and Zayn defended their title against Damian Priest and Dominik Mysterio.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed