Last year, Rhea Ripley became the first person to defend an NXT title at WrestleMania 36 when she dropped the NXT Women’s Championship to Charlotte Flair, but don’t expect to see anything similar this year.
As first revealed by Louis Dangoor on Wrestling Daily, WrestleTalk has learned that as of right now, WWE is currently not planning on having either the NXT Championship or the NXT Women’s Championship defended at the two-day event next month.
WrestleTalk has also been told that some discussions did take place about the men’s NXT Championship being defended on the show, something that WrestleVotes reported last month, but this is not on the cards anymore.
It’s important to note that with over five weeks between now and WrestleMania, WWE could always decide to add an NXT title match, but we have been told that this is not in the works as of right now and this is unlikely to change.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- Juice Robinson Makes AEW In-Ring Debut