Speaking on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that he’s heard there have been discussions within WWE about holding another King of the Ring tournament “really soon”.
“I’ve heard talk of them doing another King of the Ring tournament really soon. So, maybe Corbin can win it back there.”
This comes after it was reported by Andrew Zarian that a King of the Ring tournament is very likely going to happening over the coming months.
The last King of the Ring tournament was held in the summer of 2019 and was won by King Corbin. The former NXT star lost his crown on this week episode of Friday Night SmackDown to Shinsuke Nakamura.
Filling the first few episodes of Raw and SmackDown with fans next month with King of the Ring tournament matches could be a fun way for WWE to welcome crowds back to shows.
Thanks to Ringside News for the transcription.
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- Australian WWE Star Loses Championship Match At Elimination Chamber
- Released WWE Star Wins TNA Wrestling Championship