The WWE backstage reaction to Tony Khan confirming that he’s the new owner of ROH has been revealed.
On Wednesday’s episode of Dynamite, the AEW President announced an agreement to acquire the promotion from Sinclair Broadcasting Group.
Per PWInsider, there were some within WWE who were legitimately shocked at Khan’s announcement, as the initial belief was that Khan a streaming deal with HBO Max.
The report stated that WWE had entered discussions with Sinclair to potentially purchase ROH in late 2021, but walked away without a deal.
Fightful Select (subscription required) reports that many in WWE thought that Khan had acquired a Japanese tape library that wasn’t NJPW.
Another report has revealed Tony Khan’s plans for ROH, which you can read about right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Update On AEW Star Following Injury Scare
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- WWE Star Names Omos The Greatest Giant In WWE History
- Nigel McGuinness Discusses In-Ring Future Amid Return Speculation