An injury update has emerged on NXT star Wendy Choo amid her wrestling hiatus, with Choo out of action for over two months.
Choo hasn’t wrestled since teaming with Kelani Jordan to defeat Elektra Lopez & Lola Vice at the May 16 NXT Level Up taping.
During Thursday’s (July 27) media call ahead of The Great American Bash, Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative Shawn Micheals noted that he’s hopeful that Choo will be back soon.
Noting that Choo’s in-ring return is ‘a ways off’, he said:
“Still coming along. Still rehabbing her injuries. Hopefully she will be back soon.
“We’re very good, as is our talent, very good about making sure they are 100% ready to go.
“My understanding is everything is progressing well, but she’s still a ways off before she will be seen in action.”
WWE has now confirmed that the company is bringing back another pay-per-view name for a future NXT event, which you can read more about right here.
Before then, NXT will hold its The Great American Bash 2023 event on Sunday (June 30).
The event will be headlined by Carmelo Hayes defending his NXT Championship against Ilja Dragunov.
Check out the announced card for NXT The Great American Bash right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Update On Mustafa Ali WWE Departure
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler