Sami Zayn has commented on the possibility of his title match main eventing the first night of WrestleMania 39.
On Saturday (April 1), Zayn will team with Kevin Owens to challenge for The Usos’ WWE Tag Team Championship.
Following a storyline that has spanned numerous months, many fans have argued that this match should headline the first night of WrestleMania action.
Speaking with Ariel Helwani for BT Sport, Zayn revealed that as of that interview (shared on March 31), he didn’t know if he was headlining the show or not.
“Well, I mean, that remains to be seen. I should (know), that’s for sure, but I don’t. We’ll see.”
Ahead of their title defence, The Usos have made history, becoming the first team to hold the same WWE tag-team championship for 1000 days.
The duo are currently recognised as the undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions, after winning the SmackDown Tag Team Title in July 2021, and the Raw Tag Team Title in May 2022.
Check out the announced cards for both nights of WrestleMania 39 right here.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star