Stone Cold Steve Austin made his return to the ring on night one of WrestleMania 38 last year, when he defeated Kevin Owens in his return match.
Austin also made his presence felt on the second night of the show, when he delivered two great Stunners to Austin Theory and Pat McAfee, and one awful one to Vince McMahon.
Theory recently sat down with Chris Van Vliet, where he discussed the moment, boldly claiming that he took the best Stunner in the history of the company.
“I think it is the best. I don’t think it’s right up there, I think it’s right past it.”
Many WWE legends have taken some great Stunners over the years, most notably the Rock and Scott Hall, but even with that competition, Theory believes his comes out on top.
“I mean, we didn’t say they didn’t [sell the move well], but what are we going based off of, height here? You know, because your boy was a rocket ship.”
Theory noted that he was told the plan for Stone Cold to Stunner him earlier that day, and he knew from that moment exactly how he planned to take the move.
“I knew the entire time that that is how I was gonna do it, and I didn’t tell anybody because I didn’t want anybody [to go], ‘No, don’t do that because that’ll make this look like this.’
“It’s like, ‘Nah, I’m gonna take my moment and that’s gonna be it.”
Theory is set for an even bigger WrestleMania moment this year, when he takes on John Cena for his United States Championship.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- WWE Tag Team Confirmed For Match Against Each Other