While speaking on WWE The Bump, Intercontinental Champion Big E has opened up about the impact that New Day has had on his career, explaining that he saw joining the group as his final opportunity to make it in WWE.
The SmackDown star appeared on the show following the release of his 24 documentary on the WWE Network last week, and explained that he knew he had great chemistry with Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston very early on:
“Well, for anyone who ended up watching during our early years, you know it was not easy at all. It was a rough start, for sure,” he admitted. “We realized from an early period and our time together that we had a special chemistry and a special bond. A lot of that bond was forged through the tough times. We had that mentality of we either gotta sink or swim on our own merits. I viewed it as this could be my last opportunity, so I gotta give it my all.
“I didn’t want my career to dissolve based on me passively accepting anything I was given if it didn’t feel right. So I knew this was it. I knew this was something special.”
It is believed that Big E will be defending his Intercontinental Championship against the newly heel Apollo Crews either at Fastlane this month or even WrestleMania next month. Stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for any updates on the matter.
Thanks to WrestlingInc for the transcription.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation