Sometimes a pretty routine match can lead to some painful results. Such was the case this week for Drew Gulak. Gulak revealed on Twitter that he has been dealing with minor internal injuries this week after last week’s fatal four-way match.
Gulak took on Shorty G, Gran Metalik, and Lince Dorado for a shot at AJ Styles’ Intercontinental Championship. While Gulak did not win, he did take a nasty bump to the floor, causing his injuries. Here is the tweet:
Just wanted to catch up before tonight's @WWENXT about #SmackDown, @AJStylesOrg, @WWEGable, and the #Fatal4Way match from last Friday! pic.twitter.com/mIfhT3FZsZ
— Drew Gulak (@DrewGulak) July 29, 2020
“Last time I was on SmackDown, I suffered some very minor internal injuries in the fatal four-way match for the Intercontinental Championship No. 1 contendership. Took a head scissors to the floor, coughed up a little bit of blood. It’s okay. I was able to get back in it, almost came close to winning if it wasn’t for Shorty G, Chad Gable, throwing me over the top rope like it was the Royal Rumble… I get to fight another day. I am very bummed that I do not get to face AJ Styles for the Intercontinental Championship this week on SmackDown… I am, as of now, cleared to compete. I trained all week. I social distanced. I stayed safe.”
Gran Metalik won the match meaning he will be facing AJ Styles for the title this week. Hopefully, the next time Gulak takes a crazy bump to the floor he doesn’t hurt himself too bad.
Are you a fan of Drew Gulak? Let us know on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Bray Wyatt SmackDown Status Amid WrestleMania Uncertainty
- WWE Star Reacts To Fans Believing They’d Be Buried Following Vince McMahon Departure
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Cody Rhodes Reveals Special WrestleMania 39 T-Shirt
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Top WWE Star Hopes To Work With AEW Star On Screen
- AEW Star Set For First Ever Televised Singles Match
- AEW Star Says Chad Gable Is The ‘Most Underrated Wrestler In The World’
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts