UPDATE: A new report has shed some more light on the situation involving Sasha Banks and Naomi – read more here.
WWE has issued a statement regarding Sasha Banks and Naomi’s legitimate walk-out on tonight’s (May 16) WWE Raw show.
The Women’s Tag Team Champions reportedly left the show before it went on air, forcing WWE to change the advertised main event, which was to see Naomi win a six-way to earn a Raw Women’s Championship match.
WWE posted the following statement on its official website regarding the situation:
“When Sasha Banks and Naomi arrived at the arena this afternoon, they were informed of their participation in the main event of tonight’s Monday Night Raw.
“During the broadcast, they walked into WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis’ office with their suitcases in hand, placed their tag team championship belts on his desk and walked out.
“They claimed they weren’t respected enough as tag team champions. And even though they had eight hours to rehearse and construct their match, they claimed they were uncomfortable in the ring with two of their opponents – even though they’d had matches with those individuals in the past with no consequence.
“Monday Night Raw is a scripted live TV show, whose characters are expected to perform the requirements of their contract.
“We regret we were unable to deliver, as advertised, tonight’s main event.”
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Ezekiel’s Dad ‘Ernie Jr’ Makes Appearance On WWE Raw
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Jade Cargill Makes History With AEW: Fight Forever Cover