You did in fact read that headline correctly. WWE wanted one of its former stars to have erectile dysfunction and for the whole world to know about it.
AEW star Miro, formerly known as Rusev, revealed this frankly absurd news on the promotion’s latest Unrestricted podcast.
“They wanted [Lana] to say I was a sex addict, but the original pitch was that I have erectile dysfunction. They really wanted to kill me, completely. I don’t think in anybody’s eyes how the babyface has erectile dysfunction that he’s a good guy. There’s nothing wrong with people who have erectile dysfunction, people take care of it, but that was not the case here. There was no coming back from it. Absolutely no coming back from it. I told them, ‘Vince, this is going to bury me completely.’ He already had the man who took my wife, then I have erectile dysfunction, and I’m going to lose. I wasn’t supposed to lose, that just changed with time. I said it was a better idea if we do the sex addict thing, and he went for it right away. Thank God I did not have erectile dysfunction as a character.”
Rusev was among the names released by WWE this past April and he has since signed with AEW under the moniker ‘The Best Man’, literally being Kip Sabian’s best man for his upcoming wedding to Penelope Ford.
Hopefully he doesn’t carry his history with on-screen relationships from WWE over with him or Sabian and Ford might be in trouble.
Quote via Fightful
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament