WWE announced this past week that they have signed nine new recruits for the performance center in Orlando, Florida, headlined by names such as Keith Lee and Io Shirai.
The new class of arrivals began training this past Tuesday, July 17, with WWE announcing their signing the very same day. Names such as Keith Lee and Io Shirai have been rumored to be joining the WWE for the past few months – Lee appeared in the crowd at NXT Takeover: Chicago II and Shirai had been in talks to sign with WWE last year until injuries derailed the signing.
- Keith Lee (Former PWG & WWN Champion)
- Io Shirai (Stardom)
- Deonna Purrazzo (ROH, Stardom)
- MJ Jenkins (Impact Wrestling, Shimmer)
- Denzel Dejournette (Former collegiate Heavyweight wrestler)
- Taishan Dong (former pro boxer from China)
- Lacey Lane (Trained at Team 3D Academy)
- Luke Menzies (Former pro rugby player)
- Stacey Ervin Jr. (Former Gymnast)
WWE posted the following photo on Twitter:
— Performance Center (@WWEPerformCtr) July 17, 2018
Io Shirai appeared at a WWE live event on June 30 in Japan to announce the signing while Deonna Purrazzo has just been unveiled as one of the competitors for this year’s edition of the Mae Young Classic. Purrazzo was originally booked for All In in September, however, she will no longer be appearing due the recent news. Expect to see the rest of the recruits pop up in some capacity on NXT in the near future.