With WrestleMania 39 once again continuing the two-night epic on April 1 & 2, an update for the night 1 main event has been revealed.
Writing in the new issue of Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Dave Meltzer revealed:
“Reigns vs. Rhodes is expected to headline the second night. There is no decision on the main event (of night one) past an internal feeling that Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley right now is the favorite.
“There is a push feeling for sponsors and political reasons after men main evented both nights last year it would be good for a women’s match to headline and the feeling Flair vs. Ripley is stronger than Bianca Belair vs. Asuka for the spot.
“If there is Usos vs. Zayn & Kevin Owens, one would think that would be the other favorite.”
It was recently reported that WWE was “very concerned” with the levels of reaction that Sami Zayn is getting as the company continues to build Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 39.
Booker T had also weighed in with his opinion of Sami Zayn following his showing at Elimination Chamber.
Charlotte Flair also discussed the possibility of main eventing WrestleMania 39 in a recent interview.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- WWE Sale Rumors Continue As Move Could Be Soon
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- WWE Stars Vow Bloodshed At NXT Stand & Deliver