Zelina Vega was absent from WWE between May and October 2022 and has now revealed the reason she was away.
Speaking on the Anna Faris is Unqualified podcast, the Legado del Fantasma member discussed injuries happen saying:
“It never happens on some really cool move or some crazy flip I did outside the ring. It’s always the littlest thing that will happen, and that’s how you get injured.
“Knock on wood, I actually hadn’t had any serious injuries until that point. It wasn’t even really that bad.”
She would then go on to focus on her own injury, explaining:
“This is silly, but one of my best friends and I were in a match, and she had given me this one called a Northern Lights Suplex, where basically she kind of flips me over her backwards, and her shoulder went into my chest, and I ruptured an implant.”
Vega’s response may surprise some, but she would see the positives in the situation, stating:
“But me, of course looking on the bright side, I was like, well they are 10 years old anyway, and I kind of wanted them bigger anyway.
“So it ended up working out. Lately I’m like, ‘I should have gone a little bigger, I don’t know,’ [laughs] why not?”
Vega is a former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion, holding the titles with Carmella.
Transcript from Fightful.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares True Feelings About Sami Zayn
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39