NJPW star Zack Sabre Jr has called out AEW’s Bryan Danielson ahead of the upcoming Forbidden Door pay-per-view.
During Sunday’s Dominion event, ZSJ, El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru unsuccessfully challenged for House of Torture’s NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship.
In his post-match interview, ZSJ argued that the current champions are useless before expressing a similar sentiment about NJPW’s media team for cutting his Forbidden Door tease from the Best of the Super Juniors final broadcast.
Issuing a more direct challenge to Bryan Danielson, ZSJ said:
“No more time for subtlety. American Dragon, old dragon bollocks, can you take some time out of your golfing schedule with the Blackpool Country Club to find out who the best technical wrestler in the world is? Well, I’ll tell you now, darling. It’s f**king me.”
Okay, it’s happening, everybody stay calm…
Danielson and Zack Sabre Jr have been regarded as two of the world’s best technical wrestlers for years. The Wrestling Observer has names its technical wrestling award after Bryan Danielson, who won the award for 9 consecutive years from 2005 to 2013. Zack Sabre Jr notably won the award every year from 2014 to 2020, before Danielson won the accolade again in 2021.
The two stars haven’t shared the ring since wXw 16 Carat Gold 2009.
Also at NJPW Dominion, Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Hirooki Goto to advance to the AEW Interim World Title bout at Forbidden Door. Tanahashi will face off against Jon Moxley for the gold.
For more information on Forbidden Door, click here.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Roman Reigns’ Next WWE Opponent Revealed?