Taya Valkyrie has opened up about her time with WWE, revealing her biggest takeaway from working with the company.
Valkyrie signed with WWE in February 2021, before making her NXT debut that April as ‘Franky Monet’. She only wrestled six matches on TV before she was released from her WWE contract that November during a round of cuts.
In an exclusive interview with Luke Owen on the WrestleTalk Podcast, Valkyrie noted that she learned more about herself while with the company.
Explaining what her tenure with WWE taught her, Valkyrie said:
“(To) never question myself. That was the biggest thing. When I got signed it’s a huge process, and I felt invincible. It was like you did it, you said you were going to do this, nobody believed you but you did it. Then as time went on I started to question myself to the point where I was so insecure and mentally I was very broken down when everything went down. I definitely didn’t feel like myself.
“For someone who has been through a lot and has had to fight to create my own path, I was in a place mentally where I didn’t know what I was doing. Do I even know how to wrestle? Something is wrong here. I was so confused by the whole experience that I didn’t even know if I could continue.
“It sounds crazy, but I was happy that it did happen (being released) before Christmas, because it gave me this time to process everything. You’re kind of just left going what happened? I felt like I’d lived a year in a dream world, what am I doing in Florida? It took me a month or so, then Zicky Dice’s show was my first match back.
“Facing someone like Thunder Rosa who’d had success outside of WWE was great for me. Being around such a positive group of people, then my confidence slowly started coming back. I think that’s the biggest take away for me – knowing who I am, knowing my worth and that there’s a reason that I haven’t accomplished things on that level, that’s on them. I know how good I am and how hard I work to do this, and what I bring to the ring and what I represent.”
If you use this exclusive quote, or any portion of it, please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Valkyrie is currently the AAA Reina De Reinas Champion, defeating Deonna Purrazzo for the gold at IMPACT Under Siege. She will make her NWA debut at Alwayz Ready on June 11, against Natalia Markova.
Keep an eye on our exclusives page for more quotes from this Taya Valkyrie interview.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement