A current WWE SmackDown star appears to have hinted that he could be winning this year’s men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
Speaking on today’s edition of Talking Smack, Kevin Owens made it very clear that he’s eyeing up the Money in the Bank contract and has the Universal Championship in his sights.
Joining Kayla Braxton and co-host Paul Heyman, who serves as Universal Champion Roman Reigns’ on-screen special counsel, Owens said:
“You know that pay-per-view that happens after WrestleMania? Maybe not immediately after WrestleMania. What’s it called? Money in the Bank? I love Money in the Bank, dude. I love it! The ladder matches, and there’s the briefcase with the contract in it. If you cash in the contract, anytime, anywhere, you know, big title match? One of my favorite shows. All right. Thanks, guys. Paul, lovely as always.”
Owens unsuccessfully challenged Reigns for the Universal Title in a Last Man Standing match at Royal Rumble this past January.
Reigns defends the title against Daniel Bryan and Edge in a three-way at WrestleMania, while Owens has a singles match against Sami Zayn.
Quote via Wrestling Inc
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans