It has now been confirmed that Japanese wrestling legend the Great Muta will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
As confirmed by Marc Raimondi of ESPN, Keiji Muto will be part of the class of 2023 as the Great Muta.
PWInsider previously reported that there were plans for WWE to induct the wrestling veteran at this year’s ceremony.
Although The Great Muta has never wrestled for WWE, he did participate in the NJPW & WWF Champions Series in Japan back in 1985 and often competed for NWA and WCW in the late 80s into the 90s.
Muta was a former WCW Tag Team Champion and also had a legendary rivalry with Sting over the NWA World Television Championship.
On January 1, 2023, The Great Muta had his last singles match against WWE star Shinsuke Nakamura.
His last official match under this persona took place later that same month when he teamed with AEW’s Sting and Darby Allin against AKIRA, Hakushi and Naomichi Marufuji.
Keiji Muto’s in-ring came to an end at the Keiji Muto Grand Final event on February 21, with a pair of Tokyo Dome matches against NJPW’s Tetsuya Naito and Muto’s legendary rival Mashiro Chono.
We will have further updates and news regarding the 2023 WWE Hall of Fame when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return