It was announced back in May 2022 that WWE legend Randy Orton had suffered a serious back injury, which would likely keep him out of action for the rest of 2022.
At the time of the injury, Fightful Select posted the below report on the expected severity of the injury.
Fightful has learned that Orton has been dealing with a back injury for quite some time. We’re told that things have gotten progressively worse, and WWE fears that Orton will be forced to undergo surgery. WWE sources that we spoke to said that if that happens, Orton would likely be out of action the rest of 2022.
Several months on, things don’t seem to be looking any better for Orton, with the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter noting:
There is a lot of concern regarding Orton’s back injury and its severity.
Orton’s absence from WWE has definitely been felt, and the more information we get on his injury, the more worried fans are getting, as there has been very little in the form of positive news since it happened.
Fingers crossed he is able to fully recover, and that we see him back in the ring when he’s healthy.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership