A new updated has emerged on AEW’s Adam Cole, with it now being reported that he actually suffered two concussions within a month.
Tony Khan recently provided an injury update on Adam Cole and Hangman Adam Page saying that that they’re “both different situations” and he’s “optimistic” about both returning to the ring in the future.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Bryan Alvarez delved deeper into the Cole situation, reporting:
“One of the things in his case was he had gotten a concussion, and then he came back and immediately got another concussion, so the feeling was, ‘Well, let’s give him plenty of time this time so that when he comes back he doesn’t immediately get another concussion’.
“He came back, he was immediately hurt again, and the feeling was he clearly came back too early so after it happened a second time, it was like, ‘He’s gonna be out until he’s like 100%, and it could be a while’.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Dave Meltzer agreed with this analysis and confirmed the two incidents were about a month apart.
Cole’s last two matches were at Double Or Nothing on May 29, and Forbidden Door on June 26.
He returned to AEW TV on August 3 for a segment splitting up the Undisputed Elite, but hasn’t been back since then.
It was recently announced that Cole would be reuniting with Claudio Castagnoli, Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze as Da Party on Twitch.
You can keep track of current injuries and projected return dates using the WrestleTalk.com injury tracker.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- WWE Newest Signee Revealed
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns