An update has emerged on the statuses of Tomohiro Ishii and Minoru Suzuki for AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023.
AEW previously appeared to indicated that the popular NJPW stars will feature on the June 25 card, with Ishii and Suzuki announced for a meet and greet at the Scotiabank Arena on June 24.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has now provided an update on the situation surrounding the two competitors.
Per the report, both Tomohiro Ishii and Minoru Suzuki are set to compete in matches at AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023.
PWInsider previously reported that Ishii is one of several Japanese stars who have been spotted in the US, fuelling speculation that he will appear on Wednesday’s edition of Dynamite to set up a match for this weekend.
One match which likely won’t happen at Forbidden Door 2023 is CM Punk vs KENTA, with plans for the match called off ahead of this past weekend.
For more details on the dream match which is reportedly no longer happening, click here.
Check out the announced card for AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023 right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy