Last night, AEW and NJPW held their second annual Forbidden Door pay-per-view event.
On the event, Toni Storm defeated NJPW Strong Women’s Champion Willow Nightingale to retain the AEW Women’s World Championship.
The match came after STARDOM held their own event earlier in the day, where Giulia laid out a challenge to Willow Nightingale for the NJPW Strong Women’s Championship.
Today, NJPW shared a video from Willow on Twitter, where she accepted Giulia’s challenge to a match at NJPW Strong Independence Day.
The show is set to take place on July 4 & 5 next week.
Willow won the NJPW Strong Women’s Championship by defeating Mercedes Mone in the finals of the tournament to crown the inaugural champion at NJPW Resurgence after Mone suffered an injury.
Willow advanced into the semi-finals of the Owen Hart Cup tournament on this weekend’s Collision show, defeating Nyla Rose in the first round.
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) June 26, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE