QT Marshall has provided an update on Anthony Ogogo’s AEW status, following the Olympic Bronze Medallist’s absence from TV.
Speaking with Graham GSM Matthews of Daily DDT, Marshall noted that Ogogo will only return to TV for the right story. Confirming that the talent will be ready to compete when called upon, Marshall said:
“He just came back. He was overseas getting everything taken care of, so we’ll see. I think it’s about right place, right time and trying to figure out the right story as well. Just to throw someone out there is… my biggest thing for me personally, after 17 years, the last thing I want to do is go in there and take random bumps for no reason.
“I try to explain that to Anthony and everyone’s itching to get back. Right now, we have a huge roster of huge stars, so it’s just one of those things of going back to the drawing board and figuring it out. But in the meantime, he’s been training and working out and doing what he does. He’ll be ready when that call comes.”
Cody Rhodes recently noted that he wanted his Double or Nothing bout with Ogogo to take place in the UK. AEW President Tony Khan has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to run a major AEW show at Craven Cottage.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw
- Big News About Future NXT Premium Live Events
- Kenny Omega Reacts To The Usos Being Voted PWI’s Top Tag Team
- AEW Star Claims The Usos Being Ranked Best Tag Team Is ‘Full Of Lies’