QT Marshall has provided an update on Anthony Ogogo’s AEW status, following the Olympic Bronze Medallist’s absence from TV.
Speaking with Graham GSM Matthews of Daily DDT, Marshall noted that Ogogo will only return to TV for the right story. Confirming that the talent will be ready to compete when called upon, Marshall said:
“He just came back. He was overseas getting everything taken care of, so we’ll see. I think it’s about right place, right time and trying to figure out the right story as well. Just to throw someone out there is… my biggest thing for me personally, after 17 years, the last thing I want to do is go in there and take random bumps for no reason.
“I try to explain that to Anthony and everyone’s itching to get back. Right now, we have a huge roster of huge stars, so it’s just one of those things of going back to the drawing board and figuring it out. But in the meantime, he’s been training and working out and doing what he does. He’ll be ready when that call comes.”
Cody Rhodes recently noted that he wanted his Double or Nothing bout with Ogogo to take place in the UK. AEW President Tony Khan has stated on multiple occasions that he wants to run a major AEW show at Craven Cottage.
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement