Arn Anderson, the Head Coach of the Nightmare Family, has reacted to fans booing the ‘American Nightmare’ Cody Rhodes.
Many fans have been waiting for a Rhodes heel turn, and whether it’ll really happen or not remains one of the biggest mysteries in AEW right now.
A lot of people see Rhodes’ current role as a “heel who thinks he’s a babyface”, and it’s perhaps worth mentioning that his wife Brandi came out of the heel tunnel this past Wednesday.
Anyway, Arn Anderson has now had his say on Busted Open Radio. He said:
“I don’t pretend to be a mind reader, but I’m trying to get in the head of a wrestling fan. The most talented guy and the number one guy in Hollywood right now is The Rock, no disputing that. John Cena was a guy who always said he was dedicating 100% of his time to the fans, to the company, to the business.
“When he started doing movies and was no longer with WWE, I think fans possibly, I’m not putting words in their mouth, may have felt betrayed that they got their support behind these guys and when they got red hot, they took off to Hollywood. I don’t think that’s the case, they earned everything they got and they deserve a chance to pursue other things.
“That may be, ‘Cody is going to get red hot, do all these shows, and he’s not going to be around anymore’. I think they might feel a little bit, I don’t want to say betrayed but slighted a little bit.”
AEW has announced that Cody Rhodes will team with fellow Nightmare Family member Lee Johnson on this coming Wednesday’s Dynamite against Dante Martin and Matt Sydal.
At Dynamite ‘Grand Slam’ this past Wednesday, Rhodes lost to Malakai Black after accidentally knocking Arn Anderson off the apron of the ring.
Quote via Fightful
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results