A backstage update has emerged on plans for Cody Rhodes’ presentation in WWE, ahead of his reported return.
Rhodes is reportedly the planned opponent for Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 38. Ahead of the high-profile appearance, fans have questioned whether Rhodes will bring the ‘American Nightmare’ to WWE, or if he’ll be presented as he was before leaving the company in 2016.
Per WrestleVotes, two ‘very high profile people’ want Cody to be presented exactly as he was in AEW, when he returns to WWE TV, keeping his non-WWE ring gear, pyro and ‘Kingdom’ entrance music.
Noting that the ‘American Nightmare’ could soon become a WWE property, WrestleVotes tweeted:
“Two very high profile people were adamant to the boss that if (when) Cody Rhodes arrives, he should be exactly what he was in AEW. Presentation, ring gear, theme music, pyro, etc. The visual impact of the “American Nightmare” crossing the line is significant here.”
On recent episodes of Raw, Seth Rollins has struggled to earn a match on the WrestleMania 38 card. Rollins directly addressed the crowd’s ‘Cody’ chants live on this week’s show.
Two very high profile people were adamant to the boss that if (when) Cody Rhodes arrives, he should be exactly what he was in AEW. Presentation, ring gear, theme music, pyro, etc. The visual impact of the “American Nightmare” crossing the line is significant here.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) March 25, 2022
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter