Seth Rollins addressed rumors surrounding Cody Rhodes’ reported WWE return on Monday’s episode of Raw.
It has been reported that the former AEW EVP has signed with WWE, and will face Rollins at WrestleMania 38.
On Monday’s show, Rollins’ continued his search for a role at the April 2-3 event.
The former WWE Champion confronted AJ Styles in the ring, before the crowd began to chant for ‘Cody’. Rollins acknowledged these chants, saying:
“Rumors are a lot of fun, but rumors don’t make moments and I am living for my WrestleMania moment.”
Interestingly, WWE did not cut this interaction out of the YouTube highlight video, indicating that nobody backstage took issue with the line.
Rollins went on to face AJ Styles in the main event of the show, with Styles’ match against Edge at WrestleMania 38 on the line. Edge ultimately attacked the Phenomenal One during the match, meaning Styles won via disqualification.
Following the bout, Rollins destroyed the ringside area, noting that next week’s show will not take place unless he gets his WrestleMania moment.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- Deonna Purrazzo & Chelsea Green Win Knockouts Tag Team Championships At IMPACT Emergence