Seth Rollins addressed rumors surrounding Cody Rhodes’ reported WWE return on Monday’s episode of Raw.
It has been reported that the former AEW EVP has signed with WWE, and will face Rollins at WrestleMania 38.
On Monday’s show, Rollins’ continued his search for a role at the April 2-3 event.
The former WWE Champion confronted AJ Styles in the ring, before the crowd began to chant for ‘Cody’. Rollins acknowledged these chants, saying:
“Rumors are a lot of fun, but rumors don’t make moments and I am living for my WrestleMania moment.”
Interestingly, WWE did not cut this interaction out of the YouTube highlight video, indicating that nobody backstage took issue with the line.
Rollins went on to face AJ Styles in the main event of the show, with Styles’ match against Edge at WrestleMania 38 on the line. Edge ultimately attacked the Phenomenal One during the match, meaning Styles won via disqualification.
Following the bout, Rollins destroyed the ringside area, noting that next week’s show will not take place unless he gets his WrestleMania moment.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’