Bianca Belair has recalled SummerSlam 2021, opening up about her quick title loss to Becky Lynch.
During the August 21 pay-per-view, Becky Lynch made her WWE return, pinning Belair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship in just 26 seconds.
Many fans and wrestlers voiced their outrage on the result following the ‘match’. Speaking with Peter Rosenberg on Cheap Heat, Belair noted that her entire SummerSlam experience was chaotic.
Confident she will reach the top of the mountain again, Belair said:
“SummerSlam, that was a day. That whole day was so chaotic. Everything was so last minute. This one sitting beside me here (Montez Ford) really kept me intact and constantly checked my perspective. I was champion and then to lose my title in 26 seconds, it’s a hard blow, especially because I feel like I was just getting started and it got snatched away so quickly.
“It’s a marathon and usually, I don’t go online and look at comments, but after my mom was like, ‘You have to go online, people are rooting for you.’ They got behind me even more and were mad about it. My fans understand and see something special in me and want to see me thrive and are rooting for me.
“My perspective, I just have to keep that in mind and know that I want to be the best at what I do, whether that’s going out there and performing and putting on a great show no matter who I’m in a match with and have great chemistry with them. What’s for me will be for me and nobody can stop that. The cream is gonna rise to the top and I’m gonna eventually get back to the top.”
Belair was the sole survivor for Team Raw in the women’s five-on-five elimination tag-team match at Survivor Series, winning the bout for her team.
Quote via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?