To give a bit of experience to their production team, AEW announced several weeks ago that Billy Gunn had joined the promotion as a producer.
Speaking on Wrestling Inc’s podcast, Gunn discussed the possibility of former WWE stars Batista and Goldberg joining him at AEW.
There have been plenty of rumours linking both men to the new promotion, most recently with Batista, who we understand has spoken to both promotions with the goal of an in-ring return.
“Name recognition and what they could bring to the company? Yes,” Gunn said when asked if he saw a place in AEW for the former WWE stars. “Do I feel we need to focus on them in mixing them in with our talent? No.”
He was then asked what the current focus for AEW is, to which he replied:
“We’re just focused on Double or Nothing and working our way towards that. It’s a startup company. We’re brand new. It’s a great time for wrestling fans and for us as a company. We’ve got some great things, some new things coming. It’s gonna be exciting and it’s gonna be an alternative to WWE programming.
“I wish I could tell you a whole lot of stuff that was going on. But unfortunately I don’t even know that….It’s coming along slowly, but it’s coming along very good.”
We are now just over three months away from Double or Nothing, so we can expect plenty more news about potential talent and matches in the coming weeks.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan