Bray Wyatt has responded to rumors that he foreshadowed his WWE departure with his final appearance for the company.
At WrestleMania 37, The Fiend was defeated by Randy Orton, following a distraction from Alexa Bliss. The next night (April 12) on Raw, Bray Wyatt hosted an odd Firefly Fun House episode, teasing “a new season, new friends and a brand new me”.
Several Twitter users speculated that Wyatt foreshadowed his release with this segment, which ended with Wyatt saying “see ya” to his WWE fans.
Wyatt has seemingly confirmed these theories, taking to Twitter for the first time since July 15 to reply:
— Windham (@Windham6) August 1, 2021
Wyatt was reportedly released due to budget cuts. A separate report stated that people backstage within WWE were surprised that Wyatt was let go, as Bray Wyatt was noted as a ‘money maker’ while he was active on the WWE main roster.
Code Orange, the band that performed The Fiend’s entrance music, have commented on the former Universal Champion’s departure, teasing a working relationship with Wyatt.
- CM Punk Sends Message About WWE Locker Room After Raw
- Anonymous WWE Star Addresses CM Punk Backstage Behavior At Raw, More Reactions Revealed
- CM Punk Plans Changed On WWE Raw, Real Reason Confirmed
- AEW Star Backstage ‘Frustrations’ Ahead Of Imminent Departure Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Interest In QT Marshall, More Details On AEW Departure
- Changes Made To WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Drew McIntyre Backstage Incident Update After WWE Raw
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- AJ Lee WWE Update After Reference During CM Punk Raw Promo
- Long-Running WWE Program Ends