Bray Wyatt has responded to rumors that he foreshadowed his WWE departure with his final appearance for the company.
At WrestleMania 37, The Fiend was defeated by Randy Orton, following a distraction from Alexa Bliss. The next night (April 12) on Raw, Bray Wyatt hosted an odd Firefly Fun House episode, teasing “a new season, new friends and a brand new me”.
Several Twitter users speculated that Wyatt foreshadowed his release with this segment, which ended with Wyatt saying “see ya” to his WWE fans.
Wyatt has seemingly confirmed these theories, taking to Twitter for the first time since July 15 to reply:
— Windham (@Windham6) August 1, 2021
Wyatt was reportedly released due to budget cuts. A separate report stated that people backstage within WWE were surprised that Wyatt was let go, as Bray Wyatt was noted as a ‘money maker’ while he was active on the WWE main roster.
Code Orange, the band that performed The Fiend’s entrance music, have commented on the former Universal Champion’s departure, teasing a working relationship with Wyatt.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned