An ex-WWE star has reflected on his relationship with Vince McMahon.
Brian Myers had two lengthy stints with WWE from 2006 to 2014 and then from 2016 to 2020. He is a former two-time WWE Tag Team Champion.
During his time with the company, Myers, then known as Curt Hawkins, set the all-time losing streak record for WWE.
This has led many fans to wonder what kind of relationship the current IMPACT Wrestling star had with Vince McMahon.
Speaking with Sam Roberts on Notsam Wrestling, Brian Myers discussed his relationship with the WWE Executive Chairman. He said:
“I always had a great relationship with him. Somewhere along the lines in my first run I did something and I don’t know where it was or when or how or what match it was, but he went ‘He’s a good hand’ Like if I need someone to look great, he’s my go to guy. And I for sure was.”
“I mean like, between training with The Rock and things like that. I remember one time when Neville, Pac got called up. He said in the meeting Road Dogg came out and told me, he was like, ‘He’s got to work with Hawkins because I want to see what he’s got.'”
“Things like that and things he said to my face. So I don’t know how it happened. It’s maybe not the best way to be seen.”
“Like I don’t know if he saw me as a superstar, but it’s definitely flattering in the sense that he knows I’m capable of what I’m supposed to be doing.”
Brian Myers is set to compete in an eight-man tag team main event at IMPACT Emergence 2023. He will team with Bully Ray, Moose and X-Division Champion Lio Rush to face IMPACT World Champion Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, KUSHIDA and Josh Alexander.
Transcription via SEScoops
Think you know the most about wrestling? Join our Wrestle League predictions competition for free, and be in with the chance of winning $250 of Amazon vouchers. Make sure you subscribe to email notifications to make sure you never miss a show.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023
- Last Minute Change To AEW Collision