NJPW has announced that former WWE star Buddy Matthews (Buddy Murphy) will make his debut for the promotion in November.
During the latest set of NJPW Strong tapings, a video announced the upcoming arrival of Matthews. The former WWE Cruiserweight Champion will debut at the November 13 Battle in the Valley event.
In the video, which NJPW has now shared on Twitter, Matthews teased the beginning of a ‘new chapter’ in his career:
'They say as one door closes, another opens… Maybe it was staring at me the entire time.'
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) October 17, 2021
Matthews was released by WWE in June. Since becoming a free agent at the end of August, Matthews has made several independent appearances. He is set to wrestle AEW’s Malakai Black for Battleground Championship Wrestling in December.
Battle in the Valley is set to feature a number of top NJPW stars including Will Ospreay, Jay White and Tomohiro Ishii.
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle