Charlotte Flair On Potentially Breaking John Cena’s WWE World Championship Record: ‘He Knows I’m Coming For Him’

Published: 18 seconds ago by Connel Rumsey | Last Updated: 18 seconds ago by Connel Rumsey

Connel has over five years of wrestling journalism experience writing about some of the biggest stories from across the wrestling world. Being a fan for 20 years, Connel has an expansive knowledge from a wide range of various wrestling promotions, including WWE, AEW, NJPW, TNA and Joshi.
@connel1405

Charlotte Flair has commented on if she has spoken to John Cena about potentially breaking his WWE World Championship record.

At WrestleMania 41, John Cena officially broke the WWE World Championship record when he won his 17th World Championship by defeating Cody Rhodes.

With Cena now holding the record, there are a number of other WWE stars on 14 world titles that we could see break or tie Cena’s record in the future, namely Randy Orton and Charlotte Flair.

Charlotte Flair Says John Cena ‘Knows I’m Coming For Him’

Speaking on TMZ’s Inside The Ring, Charlotte was asked if she had spoken to her father Ric Flair and John Cena on potentially breaking their world title records in the company.

She said:

ADVERTISEMENT

“Well my dad I speak with daily. He’s like ‘when are you beating my record’. I’m like ‘I don’t know’. Don’t tweet about this father, I’m taking your phone!

“With Cena, I have not spoken to him directly about this topic but I do know when I came back last year and won the Rumble, he was also on the press conference, he said, he didn’t ‘male’ he said ‘to the person who’, I don’t remember his exact wording, but he left gender open.

“I do think that, I will take that as a nod to me, but he just didn’t say male, he said to whoever person, so I’m like ‘ok, he knows I’m coming for him’.”

ADVERTISEMENT

If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.

Charlotte Flair Comments On Recent NXT Call Ups

A number of new faces have been added to the SmackDown Women’s division over the past year, with names like Kiana James, Lash Legend and all of Fatal Influence joining the roster on Friday nights.

Charlotte was asked about the recent call ups, with her praising her adoration for Kiana James.

ADVERTISEMENT

She noted:

“I feel like people know if they watch my social I adore Kiana James. I also had my eyes on Lash Legend before she even debuted.

“I think it’s exciting, I think as much as we’re there to mentor, I look at it as always keeping me on my toes too, because there’s always someone younger, faster, I don’t want to say more hungry because it’s not in me to not be at my best, but I think it’s exciting to have fresh faces to create new storylines.

“When you have a group like Lainey, Jacy Jayne and Fallon, and they’re ready to go already. They are working as a well oiled machine, they’ve been a group for a while, it just helps storyline push more forward, because they’re ready to go. Those three didn’t seem nervous.”

ADVERTISEMENT

If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.

To make sure you stay up to date with all the biggest wrestling and WrestleTalk news, follow us on Threads by clicking this link!

Trending

Get the latest wrestling news straight to your inbox

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from WrestleTalk