AEW’s Christopher Daniels has formed a new team to compete in the NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Title tournament.
Karl Fredericks pitched the idea of teaming with Daniels in a new YouTube clip, which Daniels accepted, noting:
“Karl, I gotta be honest, man. I mean you put me on the spot in front of the camera, you asked me to be your partner. I mean that’s a big commitment, man. After Frankie and I split up, I didn’t think I’d ever have another tag partner for the long term. But now that you mention it, all these other tag teams here, guys like the West Coast Wrecking Crew, all these other guys, Team Filthy, all these people, you know what, maybe what they need is a surprise like you and me tagging for the very first time.”
Daniels referred to his ‘SCU’ team with Frankie Kazarian, which was forced to disband following his and Kazarian’s loss to the Young Bucks on the May 12, 2021 edition of Dynamite.
The tournament is slated to begin at the NJPW STRONG: Ignition taping at Vermont Hollywood in Los Angeles, California this Sunday (June 19). The finals are scheduled for the July 24 Charlotte, North Carolina taping, with the winning team to become the inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions.
You can watch the promo below:
At Ignition on Sunday, June 19th at the Vermont Hollywood, #njpwSTRONG will kick off a Tag Team Championship Tournament!
Stay tuned for details!
— NJPW of America (@NJPWofAmerica) June 13, 2022
- WWE Star Set For First Match In Nine Months
- AEW Star Announces Real-Life Brother Joining The Company
- Triple H Praises Top Star After WWE Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Sends Emotional Message To WWE Fans Ahead Of Elimination Chamber 2024
- Seth Rollins Injury Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 40
- Drew McIntyre Vs. Seth Rollins Set For WrestleMania 40, More Matches Potentially Revealed
- Seth Rollins Reacts To Becky Lynch Winning WWE Elimination Chamber Match
- Cody Rhodes Challenges The Rock To One-On-One WWE Match
- The Rock’s Next WWE Appearance Revealed
- Australian WWE Star Loses Championship Match At Elimination Chamber