A new report has clarified whether or not CM Punk would be able to use Living Colour’s “Cult of Personality” as his entrance theme in AEW.
After he won the WWE Championship in 2011, CM Punk changed his entrance music to the now-iconic Cult of Personality. Since reports first arose about Punk’s return to wrestling, fans have been speculating whether or not the song will be associated with Punk outside of WWE.
According to PWInsider, WWE had no exclusivity over the song in perpetuity. AEW would therefore reportedly be able to use the Living Colour theme for the former WWE Champion.
For CM Punk’s UFC fights in 2016 and 2018, he walked to the Octagon to Cult of Personality. Living Colour recently followed AEW on Twitter, fuelling speculation that Punk will debut with the music.
During the recent AEW Fight for the Fallen show, Darby Allin cut a promo featuring Punk’s “Best in the World” catchphrase. Allin has since admitted that he didn’t intended to reference the Chicago-born star.
- Shocking WWE Tag Team Split
- NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez Announces Mystery Partner Is…
- Popular AEW Star Calls MJF ‘A Real Piece Of S**t’
- NJPW & IMPACT Wrestling Announce Huge Crossover Show
- NXT Star References Recent Twitter Beef With Main Roster WWE Star On TV
- WWE Raw Viewership & Demo Rating Decrease For February 6 Episode
- NXT Star Freaks Out After Interaction With Ava Raine
- AEW Star Opens Up About Relationship With Young Bucks Deteriorating
- Another Anoa’i Family Member Pitched For WWE Bloodline Faction
- Big Return On WWE NXT