Claudio Castagnoli has opened up about taking the ‘high road’ when discussing his WWE departure.
Castagnoli parted ways with WWE in February, after his contract expired. It had been reported that the two sides were unable to come to terms on a new deal.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Castagnoli noted that he’s grateful for all of the opportunities he received while with WWE.
Noting that he knew where he wanted to go upon his departure, Castagnoli said:
“It can be hard to take the high road, but that’s the road I am going to take. All the memories, they matter. I’m grateful for everything I have accomplished and I’m grateful for all those opportunities. And they make me work so much harder to get where I want to be.
“Once I left, I knew what I wanted and where I wanted to go, I just didn’t know if it would happen. That was also time for me to take a break mentally, recharge, and come back better. My goal is always to be better than I was yesterday, to be better tomorrow than I am today. I want to be even better now than people remember.”
Castagnoli made his AEW debut at Forbidden Door, stepping in for Bryan Danielson to face Zack Sabre Jr. The newest member of the Blackpool Combat Club, Castagnoli notably scored the fall in the June 29 Blood & Guts match.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism