AEW star CM Punk has now reacted to WWE’s Rey Mysterio attacking Dominik on the March 24 edition of SmackDown.
For weeks, Dominik Mysterio has been attempting to goad his father Rey Mysterio into fighting him, but was unsuccessful until recently.
On Friday’s episode of SmackDown, Rey finally snapped and punched Dominik, who was shouting in the face of his mother and sister Aalyah.
Rey then accepted Dominik’s challenge for a one-on-one match at WrestleMania 39.
The lucha libre legend has commented on the events that transpired on SmackDown on Instagram, captioning his latest post:
Every man has his limits…Don’t forget, she’s not only your mother, but my wife.
See you at #WrestleMania
CM Punk has now commented on this post, writing:
“Good for you Rey. I’ve wanted to punch him for 13 years!”
Punk notably antagonised Rey Mysterio’s family during their WWE feud in 2010, 13 years ago.
The former AEW World Champion hasn’t appeared on TV since he was suspended following a backstage altercation that took place after his verbal tirade during the All Out 2022 media scrum.
More details have now emerged on backstage interactions at All Out, including a brief conversation between Punk and Kenny Omega after the altercation.
Cm Punk reacts ro Rey Mysterio hitting his son 🤣🤣 pic.twitter.com/PJlBXLQYdi
— Monty AEW/WWE (@tmykwoah) March 25, 2023
View this post on Instagram
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan
- New Theme Song For Top AEW Star