An update has emerged on Cody Rhodes’ injury, following his Hell in a Cell match against Seth Rollins at Sunday’s (June 5) WWE Premium Live Event.
Ahead of the main event, WWE confirmed that Rhodes had recently torn his pectoral muscle completely from the bone during training. Rhodes went on to wrestle Rollins for 24 minutes before scoring a huge victory.
Following the event, Rhodes told the Allstate Arena crowd that it was solely his decision to wrestle, and that he’d address his injury on WWE Raw.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Rhodes did insist on performing, and is currently scheduled for Monday’s show. The report stated that Rhodes is to undergo surgery to repair his pectoral muscle on Thursday (June 9).
While there isn’t currently a timeframe on Rhodes’ return to the ring, it was pointed out that other notable pectoral injuries, including Triple H’s in 2018, required a recovery time of around 5-6 months.
The backstage reaction to Rhodes vs Rollins inside Hell in a Cell has now been revealed.
We will continue to provide updates on Cody Rhodes’ condition as they become available.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material
- Danhausen Shares Photo With Sasha Banks From Recent Public Appearance
- Jamie Hayter Suffers Broken Nose During AEW Battle Of The Belts III