An update has emerged on Cody Rhodes’ injury, following his Hell in a Cell match against Seth Rollins at Sunday’s (June 5) WWE Premium Live Event.
Ahead of the main event, WWE confirmed that Rhodes had recently torn his pectoral muscle completely from the bone during training. Rhodes went on to wrestle Rollins for 24 minutes before scoring a huge victory.
Following the event, Rhodes told the Allstate Arena crowd that it was solely his decision to wrestle, and that he’d address his injury on WWE Raw.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Rhodes did insist on performing, and is currently scheduled for Monday’s show. The report stated that Rhodes is to undergo surgery to repair his pectoral muscle on Thursday (June 9).
While there isn’t currently a timeframe on Rhodes’ return to the ring, it was pointed out that other notable pectoral injuries, including Triple H’s in 2018, required a recovery time of around 5-6 months.
The backstage reaction to Rhodes vs Rollins inside Hell in a Cell has now been revealed.
We will continue to provide updates on Cody Rhodes’ condition as they become available.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Released WWE Star Claims One Person Had ‘Weird Grudge’ Against Him, Vince McMahon’s Departure ‘Killed’ His Career
- Released WWE Star Reveals They Requested Their Release
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Former World Champion To Become Free Agent Next Week
- Top NXT Star Expected For September 25 WWE Raw
- Real Reason For WWE Star’s Character Change
- Tiffany Stratton Scrapped WWE Main Roster Plans Revealed
- SPOILER: AEW Star Captures Championship Title