The backstage reaction to Cody Rhodes’ performance in his main-event Hell in a Cell match against Seth Rollins has been revealed.
During Sunday’s (June 5) Premium Live Event, WWE confirmed that Rhodes had suffered a torn pectoral muscle. Rhodes still wrestled the scheduled bout, revealing a huge pectoral bruise immediately before the opening bell.
Per WrestleVotes, those watching the match from the Gorilla position (usually including Vince McMahon) loved the match.
Believing that WWE will treat this match as an all-time classic moving forward, WrestleVotes noted:
“I’ve had multiple sources reach out this morning w/ exemplary words for the performance Cody Rhodes put in last night. Credit to Seth Rollins as well. Those at Gorilla were said to have LOVED the match. A modern day, all time classic HIAC that WWE will treat as much going forward”
Backstage details have since emerged on the reason why Cody Rhodes was cleared to wrestle at WWE Hell in a Cell, which you can read more about right here.
While a large portion of the wrestling world has praised Rhodes for his dedication, there has been some criticism about the decision to clear him for action.
We will continue to provide updates on Rhodes’ condition as they become available.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere
- Young Bucks Continue To Tease Identity Of Mystery Partner