A championship match advertised for tonight’s (August 17) episode of WWE NXT will no longer be taking place, NXT General Manager William Regal.
NXT Cruiserweight Champion Kushida was scheduled to defend his championship against Roderick Strong of the Diamond Mine on the show.
Regal took to his Twitter account to break the news that Kushida has not been cleared to compete on tonight’s show, and so the previously advertised Cruiserweight Title match will no longer be taking place.
Instead, Roderick Strong will issue a ‘Diamond Mine Open Challenge’ to open the show.
Unfortunately after a medical examination, officials learned @KUSHIDA_0904 is not cleared to compete tonight. When I informed @Malcolmvelli and @roderickstrong, they expressed Roderick’s desire to compete.
Therefore, #WWENXT will begin with a #DiamondMine open challenge.
— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) August 17, 2021
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing