WWE has officially announced that Ilja Dragunov will defend the NXT UK Championship against Roderick Strong.
Strong will battle Dragunov for the gold on the April 7 edition of NXT UK.
Strong issued a challenge to the champion on last week’s show, after defeating Wolfgang. Dragunov accepted the challenge on this week’s show, stating that the Czar doesn’t crack under pressure.
Dragunov won the title from WALTER (now Gunther) at NXT TakeOver 36 in August 2021. The Russian star had defeated Strong on NXT TV in the lead-up to his title bout.
Champion for over 214 days, Dragunov has defended the gold against A-Kid, Rampage Brown, Jordan Devlin and Nathan Frazer since winning the title.
Roderick Strong is set for action on next week’s episode of NXT 2.0, with one last opportunity to qualify for the North American Championship ladder match at NXT Stand & Deliver on April 1.
.@UNBESIEGBAR_ZAR has a message for @roderickstrong… #NXTUK pic.twitter.com/I6FqBHRcIv
— NXT UK (@NXTUK) March 24, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Seth Rollins’ First World Heavyweight Championship Defence Confirmed For June 5 WWE Raw
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?